Police face mob anger after rape

Police face mob anger after rape

Police face mob anger after rape

The murder and rape of an eight-year-old girl has sparked a national outcry in Pakistan after a picture of her lifeless body lying in a heap of garbage was shared on social media platforms on Wednesday.

Much of the anger was directed Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Punjab Inspector General of Police who they claimed had failed to act on dozens of cases of children being raped and murdered in the Kasur district of the province.

Two people were killed during a massive demonstration in Kasur, Pakistan, against the kidnapping, rape and murder of a seven-year-old girl.

Zainab was first reported missing on January 5 by her uncle, the regional police office added.

Zainab, 7, went missing while going to her tuition center on January 5.

This is the worst example of human degradation and such shameful incidents have been taking place in and around Kasur since long but the rulers seem to be totally blind.

The initial postmortem report of the minor stated that she was strangled to death after being raped multiple times, Geo News reported.

There were visible marks of torture on her face, congestion in her muscles. The horrific incident triggered a public outrage throughout the country with people demanding justice for the child. The protests continued for the second day.

It was not clear how the two protesters were killed. They also ransacked a district hospital in Kasur.

Police face mob anger after rape
Police face mob anger after rape

The girl's father, on returning to Pakistan on Wednesday, told the media that he would not bury her till justice was done. "If police had done this, "[my] daughter could have been rescued alive", he suggested.

The child's sobbing mother told reporters: "I have nothing to say, I just want justice for my daughter".

The community has been furious at the authorities for what they see as a failure to investigate such cases.

The Chief Justice of Pakistan took a suo-moto notice and ordered the head of Punjab's police to compile and submit a report of the tragic incident within 24 hours.

The protesters, mainly students staged a sit in and blocked a major highway in Lahore, the capital of northeastern Punjab province, Geo TV reported.

The tragedy enraged the residents of Punjab's border city who tried to enter a government building but were forcefully stopped by the police who used live ammunition against them, killing two people.

In March 2016, Pakistan passed a law against sexual abuse of minors and child pornography, making it punishable by up to seven years in prison.

None of the perpetrators involved in any of the incidents have been caught.

More news: California Woman Returns Christmas Tree For A Refund

Latest News